Codecraft Clubs provide a great 1st-course option and are hosted at schools as a 1-hour per week after-school activity in the school media center or computer lab. Student families pay $10 per week, based on the total number of weeks in a club year at the school’s discretion. Want to offer a Codecraft Club at your school? Check our existing school partner locations, and then talk to your school’s principal about starting a Codecraft Club at your school.
Combining creative arts (A) learning with traditional science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) will be key to innovation in the future. Make 21st-century learning a school-wide activity with a Codecraft Club at your school! Students explore together and enjoy the various hands-on programming challenges and unplugged activities.
What students can expect in Codecraft Club:
- An introduction to how computers work.
- An introduction to computational thinking and the importance of breaking down problems.
- An introduction to algorithms and the use of them in problem-solving.
- Solid understanding of online safety and privacy
- Activity ideas for further discovery at home.
- A reinforcement of the idea that with persistence and creativity, anyone can learn computer programming.
What volunteers, teachers, PTOs and Administrations can expect when running Codecraft Clubs:
- A powerful and FUN introduction to computer science and computer programming, that you CAN use
- Online, step-by-step, project prompts and lessons with examples and clearly written instructions for the instructor lead at each club meeting
- 2x per year in-person training and ready support for volunteers and teachers
- Templates for student recruitment, enrollment, parent updates & communication
- Improved student performance on computer-based standardized tests
If you have additional questions or you are looking for something more, contact us at email@example.com for more information.